Hobie Tandem Island 2019
- Brand: Hobie
- Product Code: HTANDISLAND 2019
Hobie Tandem Island
Sailing has never seemed so simple. When the wind blows, the Tandem Island flies across the water, powered by an expansive, easily tended mainsail.
Hop aboard with a friend. With dual MirageDrives providing pedal power, maneuvering is a snap even when the zephyrs subside. The central hull is pure high-end Hobie with all the expected features: multiple Twist and Seal hatches; a large bow hatch for below-decks storage; lever-operated rudder and centerboard deployment; and dual rudder control. This is Hobie’s ultimate fish hunter, capable of predator teasing trolling speeds. The ‘amas’ easily fold parallel against the hull to simplify negotiating tight spots or docking. Or unbolt the sailing kit and enjoy a quiet evening of kayaking. Both cockpits have steerage and sail control lines, making it the ideal 2 person sailing kayak.
What we at the Hobie Centre love about the Hobie Mirage Tandem Island;
- We love, love, love The Hobie Mirage Tandem Island for all sorts of reasons here are just a few of them but we could go on all day.
- No more disappointing days where you can’t get out on the water. You can take it out in a force 0 to a force 6 and everything in between.
- The furling sail means use as much or as little as you need for the conditions.
- Explore a much wider area in much less time than you could on an ordinary kayak.
- We love this boat because it is so perfect for harbours and estuaries like Poole Harbour; skim over shallow waters, fold in outriggers and explore rivers and creeks, head out to sea for some fun, navigate between moored yachts with ease.
- Its load carrying capacity means that the trampolines are ideal for stowing camping/fishing gear, children and even pets!
- Dual controls on steering and sails so no arguments you can take it in turns.
- Only takes 10 minutes to set up ready to go on the water.
- A great platform for learning to sail and tri-maran design means no-capsizes.
- Can be fitted with Evolve Electric Motor Kit for even greater range.
- The best selling boat in the range and we have to admit it is our favourite.
- Come and have a go for yourself and see what we are raving about.
- Voted Sailing World’s ‘Boat of the Year’ in 2011
- Dual Mirage Drive 180 fitted with turbo fins
- Two Piece carbon fibre mast
- Roller furling boomless sail
- Easily retractable/ removable out-riggers
- Built-in, fully retractable, kick up centerboard.
- Oversized sailing rudder
- Fingertip steering control in both cockpits
- Vantage CT Seating
- 2 Piece paddles with on board storage
- Harken blocks
- Rear cargo compartment with bungee tie-downs
- Large forward storage hatch
- Three 8” twist and seal hatches
- 2 moulded rod holders
- 4 mesh covered stowage pockets
- 4 drink holders
- 2 moulded carry handles
- Lowrance Ready fish finder installation port