Why have a Fishfinder on your Hobie Kayak
The UK Hobie Fishing Team have found that a good Fishfinder can make the difference between an average fishing day and a really good day. In short they are an incredibly useful tool to enable you to catch more fish.
The main benefits are as follows:
- You can mark and record your favourite fishing spots.
- You can spot underwater structures/habitats that attract fish.
- You can spot the baitfish which your chosen catch are attracted to.
- You can easily find your way back home.
- You will know what is going on underneath your kayak, being able to see the depth of the water will give you a really good idea of how deep your lures should be.
Which Fishfinder and Transducer Combination is right for your Hobie Kayak?
The transducer is attached to the screen of the fishfinder and it sends and receives signals. A good fishfinder depend on an efficient transducer – the transducer is the device that changes the electrical pulses into sound waves or acoustic energy and back again.
Fishfinders and transducers are constantly evolving and developing. At the moment there are 3 main types of Fishfinder/Transducer that we regularly install to Hobie Kayaks.