Used Hobie Tandem Island in Hibiscus Red - Available to demo now!
- Brand: Hobie
- Product Code: HTANDISLAND 2019
Used Hobie Tandem Island- Available Now!
For full details of this used Hobie Tandem Island including pictures follow this link: https://hobiecatcentre.co.uk/product/used-hobie-tandem-island-3250/
The Hobie Tandem island makes your sailing easy, convenient and fun. The boat can be rigged and on the water in 5 minutes. It can be folded down for compact storage and transport and it can be used for exploring harbours, estuaries, rivers and the open sea. Shore Thing/The Hobie Centre supplies custom made trolleys and trailers perfectly suited for easy transport of the boat.
The Hobie Tandem Island can be sailed in a wide range of conditions from very light to strong wind, the easily furling mainsail allows you to easily select the right amount of sail for the conditions and can be changed at any time on the water. If the wind dies completely you can always get home thanks to the 2 Mirage Drives. The Hobie Tandem Island has 2 fantastically comfortable Vantage seats meaning that you can comfortably sit all day in the kayak when you arrive at your destination the seats can be unclipped and the legs unfolded giving you a comfortable picnic chair to sit in. The boats are equipped with a 180 Mirage Drive so you can even travel backwards. This makes manoeuvring the Hobie Island kayaks in a small space a breeze.
The Mirage Tandem Island can easily be single-handed or used for two people. You can change your mind at any time about who is steering or controlling the sails making it an ideal boat for learning about sailing. Extra passengers and pets can be accommodated on the trampolines so the whole family can go out together.
The Hobie Tandem Island won't capsize thanks to the out-riggers, so you can take out young passengers without worrying.
The Hobie Island Kayaks are fantastic fishing platforms especially if you need to travel a distance to reach that perfect fishing spot. Load up you Tandem Island with all of your fishing gear there is so much storage space on board and once you get down to fishing the Tandem Island is an amazingly stable platform.
The best proof of its seaworthiness and versatility is the fact that Lars Simonsen and his family sailed 2 Hobie Tandem Islands all the way from Copenhagen to Istanbul, the trip took them over a year and they carried with them their 2 children and all their supplies including all the children's school books and camping gear. If you would like to see more about their epic adventure click on the video below. 4000 miles.
For more details of the Hobie Mirage Tandem Island, click on the videos below and if you would like a go come and see us and we will get you out on the water to try the boat thoroughly. We also offer free fitting on any accessories that you might choose to install from Fish-finders to electric motors.
What we at the Hobie Centre love about the Hobie Mirage Tandem Island;
- We love, love, love The Hobie Mirage Tandem Island for all sorts of reasons here are just a few of them but we could go on all day.
- No more disappointing days where you can’t get out on the water. You can take it out in a force 0 to a force 6 and everything in between.
- The furling sail means use as much or as little as you need for the conditions.
- Explore a much wider area in much less time than you could on an ordinary kayak.
- We love this boat because it is so perfect for harbours and estuaries like Poole Harbour; skim over shallow waters, fold in outriggers and explore rivers and creeks, head out to sea for some fun, navigate between moored yachts with ease.
- Its load carrying capacity means that the trampolines are ideal for stowing camping/fishing gear, children and even pets!
- Dual controls on steering and sails so no arguments you can take it in turns.
- Only takes 10 minutes to set up ready to go on the water.
- A great platform for learning to sail and trimaran design means no-capsizes.
- Can be fitted with Evolve Electric Motor Kit for even greater range.
- The best selling boat in the range and we have to admit it is our favourite.
- Come and have a go for yourself and see what we are raving about.
- Voted Sailing World’s ‘Boat of the Year’ in 2011
- Dual Mirage Drive 180 fitted with turbo fins
- Two Piece carbon fibre mast
- Roller furling boomless sail
- Easily retractable/ removable out-riggers
- Built-in, fully retractable, kick up centreboard.
- Oversized sailing rudder
- Fingertip steering control in both cockpits
- Vantage CT Seating
- 2 Piece paddles with onboard storage
- Harken blocks
- Rear cargo compartment with bungee tie-downs
- Large forward storage hatch
- Three 8” twist and seal hatches
- 2 moulded rod holders
- 4 mesh-covered stowage pockets
- 4 drink holders
- 2 moulded carry handles
- Lowrance Ready fish finder installation port