2018 Hobie Adventure Island
- Brand: Hobie
- Product Code: HMADVISLAND
Hobie Adventure Island
How do you improve on an already great kayak? Attach the Tandem Island’s ‘ama’ floats and ‘aka’ crossbars (out-riggers) and unfurl its square-topped sail, and you have a stable sailing craft whose seafaring heritage stretches back to the South Pacific. A centreboard prevents lateral slip, an upgraded rudder and rudder assembly provides control in a breeze; the out-riggers easily fold parallel against the hull to simplify negotiating tight spots or docking. Or unbolt the sailing kit and enjoy a quiet evening of kayaking.
SHIPPING/DELIVERY/COLLECTION OF THIS HOBIE KAYAK CAN BE ARRANGED BY CALLING US ON 01202 671661. THERE MAY BE AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE DEPENDING ON YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
What we at the Hobie Centre love about the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island;
- No more disappointing days where you can’t get out on the water. You can take it out in a force 0 to a force 6 and everything in between.
- The furling sail means use as much or as little as you need for the conditions
- Explore a much wider area in much less time than you could on an ordinary kayak.
- We love this boat because it is so perfect for Poole Harbour; skim over shallow waters, fold in outriggers and explore narrow rivers, head out to sea for some fun, navigate between moored yachts with ease.
- Its load carrying capacity means that the trampolines are ideal for stowing camping/fishing gear, children and even pets!
- Can be fitted with Evolve motor kit for even greater range.
- And the best thing no capsizes, great to getting to grips with sailing without the punishment.
- Mirage Drive 180 with Turbo Fins.
- Lifting Rudder with Large Sailing Blade.
- Vantage CT Seating.
- Internal centreboard.
- Patented roller-reefing sail with full-length vertical battens.
- Two-Piece Mast
- Full-length mast/sail storage bag
- Harken blocks
- Two-Piece paddle
- Large covered bow- hatch with bungee tie-downs
- Two 8” twist and seal hatches
- Gear bucket
- Stern cargo area with bungee tie-downs
- Meets NMMA certification for flotation.
|Length:||5.05 / 16' 7'|
|Fitted Hull Weight:||47.45 kg / 104.6 lbs|
|Fully Rigged Weight:||64.40 kg / 142 lbs|
|Width w/ Amas In:||1.12 m / 44"|
|Width w/ Amas Out:||2.90 m / 9' 6"|
|Capacity:||181.44 kg / 400 lbs|
|Sail Area:||6.04 sq m / 65 sq ft|
|Mast Height:||5.03 m / 16' 6"|